Cranberry Orange Biscotti
makes about 12-14 servings
- 2cups all -purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1/4tsp kosher salt
- 1/2cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cupwhite sugar
- 1 teaspoon Boyajian Orange Oil
- 2large eggs (room temperature)
- ¾ cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, using an electric hand- held mixer, beat together butter, sugar and orange oil until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Turning mixer to low, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, until fully combined. Stir in the cranberries.
- Transfer the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Using lightly floured hands, shape the dough into a log, 4” wide x 8” inches long. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and cool on baking rack for10 minutes Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Transfer baked dough onto a cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log diagonally, into ¾ inch slices and arrange on lined baking sheet, cut side down.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Turn the slices over and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Remove biscotti from oven and allow to fully cool on baking rack.
*Can be stored in an airtight container for 1 week