Makes approximately 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Boyajian Anise Flavor
- Confectioner’s sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat pizzella press, making sure the heating plates are clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar, until thickened. Gradually add melted butter and Anise flavor until fully combined. Slowly add dry ingredients to form a thick batter. Do not overmix.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of batter in the center of each pizzella plate and cook until golden brown.
- Remove using a small fork or spatula and place on cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- If desired, dust with confectioner’s sugar after completely cooled.
- Can be stored in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.