Lemon Apple Crisp
6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons Boyajian Pure Lemon Oil
½ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 ¼ cups flour
¾ cup rolled oats
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
12 Tablespoons butter, (1 ½ sticks), chilled and cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the apples, lemon juice, lemon oil, sugar, and flour. Pour mixture into a buttered, 2- quart baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a pastry blender, cut together the butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the oatmeal and sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the apples
- Bake until the fruit is bubbling and topping is golden brown, about 45-50 minutes.
Serve with your favorite ice cream!