Makes 12 standard sized Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 Teaspoon Boyajian Orange Oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a standard size muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, blend flour, baking powder, baking soda, poppyseeds and salt,
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until blended. Add the granulated sugar, butter, milk and lemon oil. Use a rubber spatula to stir until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until fully blended. (avoid over mixing).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about three-fourths full. Bake for 15-18 (Inserted toothpick test should be
- slightly crumbly) minutes Let muffins cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
In a small bowl, stir together 1 Tablespoon of Orange Juice, 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar and 2 drops Boyajian Orange Oil until smooth. Drizzle over the tops of cooled muffins